Thursday, February 19, 2009

Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict


I just finished reading Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict and I absolutely LOVED this story. I have read practically all of Austen's novels and I love the stories and the characters. I have always wondered what it would be like to have lived during the Regency-era and find my own Mr. Darcy. This novel brought to life that fantasy. Courtney, a 21st-century woman living in LA wakes up one morning and find herself in the body of another person in another era. She is now Jane Mannsfield and living in the world of Jane Austen. Rigler's debut novel tells the story of how Courtney copes with living the life of Jane, yet having no memory of Jane's experiences. Who is Barnes and was he a lover? Should she fall in love with the handsome Edgeworth? Why did Austen leave out the less romantic points of the time period - the limited personal hygiene, the tight corsets, the unprotected male seducers? But at the same time Courtney struggles with the dilemmas of Jane's life, she struggles with her own. How will she manage to return to her own life as Courtney? Will she ever find her way back or forever live her life as Jane? Well, of course I won't tell you the answers to those questions! If you love Jane Austen, I would definitely recommend Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict.

~Submited by Samantha C.

No comments: